Latest Homes for Sale in Big Spirit Lake, IA
Latest Lots for Sale in Big Spirit Lake, IA
Big Spirit Lake Guide
Explore the top communities in Big Spirit Lake, Iowa. Have a look at each of our neighborhood pages to get the vital information that can help you decide on buying your dream home.
Homes for Sale Around Big Spirit Lake, IA
A natural lake of great size and beauty, Big Spirit Lake is the largest in Iowa and part of the renowned Iowa Great Lakes.
Kick back, relax and toss a line in the water! Big Spirit Lake is known for its laid-back feel. Families can boat, fish, sail, kayak, wake surf, and paddleboard without the intense boat traffic and tourists. There are no commercial businesses on Big Spirit; therefore, it is less busy and much quieter than the other lakes. Perfect for making lasting memories with family and friends.
HISTORY: The majority of the existing homes in Big Spirit Lake were constructed in the early 1900s, making it a charming area to stroll around, especially during the vibrant day. In addition to their meaningful historical relevance, many residences have increased in value yet can still provide an ancient elegant charm. Families interested in historic homes should look into the extensive real estate market in Big Spirit Lake in Iowa.
UNIQUE PROPERTY FACTS: Fishing cabins to modern single-family homes line the shores of Big Spirit, often featuring screened-in porches, lakeside patios, outdoor kitchens, and firepits. It is all about spending time with family and friends. There are a few townhomes around the lake, but you will not find any Condominiums.
POPULAR DESTINATIONS: It’s all about nature! Mini-Wakan State Park, Templar State recreational area, and marble beach are popular places to stop. The most popular destination is wherever the fish are biting.
Big Spirit Lake Real Estate Information
Real Estate Facts About Big Spirit Lake, IA
- Big Spirit Lake is Iowa’s largest natural lake.
- It has 15.2 miles of shoreline.
- Due to being inaccessible from the rest of the chain of the Iowa Great Lakes and having no commercial establishments, it is a paradise for anglers and calm water seekers.
- The maximum depth is 24 feet, while the average depth is around 17 feet.
- It sits just south of the Minnesota border.
- Big Spirit is home to 22 different species of fish.
- Impressive year-round homes are found interspersed among classic fishing cabins with screened-in-porches.
- Home of Templar State Recreation Area, Marble Beach, and Mini-Wakan State Park.
- Connected to Little Spirit, which meanders into Minnesota.
- During the winter, the ice on Big Spirit is home to what looks like a small village of ice-fishing shacks.
Big Spirit Lake Map
Big Spirit Lake is located just south of the Minnesota border and Loon Lake. It is the northernmost lake of 6 Iowa Great Lakes and is easily accessible, just 10 minutes south of Interstate 90. Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is only about 100 miles directly to the west. Minneapolis, Minnesota, is 172 miles to the northeast.
Big Spirit Lake Communities Interactive Map
Click on any neighborhood for a brief introduction
Ready to take the next step?
What can you expect from us? An all-inclusive, concierge-level service that takes lakeshore real estate to the next level. Our thoughtful and targeted approach draws in qualified prospects quickly and connects people to their dream homes.
Give us a call today.