Latest Homes for Sale in East Lake Okoboji, IA
Latest Lots for Sale in East Lake Okoboji, IA
East Lake Okoboji Guide
Explore the top communities in East Lake Okoboji, Iowa. Have a look at each of our neighborhood pages to get the vital information that can help you decide on buying your dream home.
Homes for Sale Around East Lake Okoboji, IA
East Lake Okoboji in Iowa is another lovely lake member of the famed chain of lakes widely recognized as the Iowa Great Lakes.
Fun, Easy going, and accessible, describe life on East Lake Okoboji. Everything is just a short boat ride from East Lake. You can get to West Lake, Minnewashta, Upper Gar, and Gar on the Iowa great lake chain, and East Lake is in the middle. Marinas, restaurants, and bars are popular boating destinations on East Lake.
UNIQUE PROPERTY FACTS: Property on East Lake Okoboji is more affordable than on West Lake, and owners enjoy many of the same amenities. Condominiums are a popular choice for second home owners as it allows for more time enjoying the lake and less time on property maintenance. There are 21 different condominium complexes, all with unique amenities.
POPULAR DESTINATIONS: Marinas, Restaurants, and Bars are favorite destinations on East Lake. Grab a bite to eat at the Okoboji Store, boat up to Woude’s Bayside north of the narrows, or stop at Oak Hill marina on Minnewashta to fill up on gas. There is never a lack of options on East Lake.
HISTORY: The first settlers came to the area around 1856. The Dacotah Indians called East Lake “Okoboozhy,” meaning reeds and rushes.
East Lake Okoboji Real Estate Information
Real Estate Facts About East Lake Okoboji, IA
- It is a 1,835-acre lake with an average depth of around 10 feet.
- There are 17.1 miles of shoreline.
- It is the home of Elinor Bedell State Park.
- East contains the largest amount of condos of any of the Iowa Great Lakes.
- Has a maximum depth of 22 feet.
- Provides the most opportunities in the area for short-term vacation rentals with lake access.
- East Lake Property values continuously rise as smaller cabins are torn down and replaced with new construction.
- East Lake provides easy access to Minnewashta, Lower & Upper Gar, and West Lake.
- It is home to the beloved Camp Foster, where hundreds of youth make summer memories that last a lifetime.
- Home purchasers in East Lake Okoboji can choose from a diverse selection of stylish and lavish residential houses, ranging from $800,000 to $1.90 million.
East Lake Okoboji Map
The Iowa Great Lakes is centrally located in the tri-state area and is around a three-hour drive or less from Des Moines, Iowa, Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Sioux Falls, South Dakota. East Lake Okoboji is situated south of Big Spirit and East of West Lake. It connects West Lake to Upper Gar, Lower Gar, and Minnewashta. As the longest natural lake in the state, it has over 17 miles of shoreline.
East Lake Okoboji Communities Interactive Map
Click on any neighborhood for a brief introduction
Ready to take the next step?
What can you expect from us? An all-inclusive, concierge-level service that takes lakeshore real estate to the next level. Our thoughtful and targeted approach draws in qualified prospects quickly and connects people to their dream homes.
Give us a call today.